Wednesday, March 9, 2011

OKTA Touch ROM Kitchen

Right, now if you are like me you would really like to know HOW to create your own ROMs but wouldn't know the first step in going about it?

Well now you can do it with this linky here --> : linky

The package that you are wanting to go and download is Linux ROM Kitchen (linuxromkitchen_20080806-1_i386.deb)

Once you have downloaded it head on into your Terminal and tpye in the following

Code:
cd Downloads (I'm assuming here that this is your default download directory)
sudo dpkg -i linuxromkitchen_20080806-1_i386.deb

Now you MAY need to download some more dependencies I'm not sure. I didn't have to but whatevs.

Now I have no freaking CLUE how to use this BUT the cool thing that you can do is extract an .nbh of the ROM that is on your OKTA Touch (HTC Vogue) and see what is installed in it and what you can remove. If you need help I'm pretty sure that the guys and girls at the XDA-Devolpers forum would be more than happy to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment